9.30.2009

designer of the month :: twigs & honey by Myra Callan

Who :: twigs & honey by Myra Callan

From :: Salem, Oregon

Why I love :: Like I mentioned in my August designer of the month, I am keeping it local while I am still an Oregonian!

I discovered twigs & honey about a year ago and was immediately twitterpated. When I soon found out that Myra is from SALEM of all places, I about fell off of my chair. She is pretty much my Etsy idol. I want to be her. The fact that she is creating such fabulous pieces, and doing so well out of Salem, totally inspires me. Not to mention that she was a Geography and Environmental Science major! ...I know, right?

Myra uses fabulous and unique materials that create amazing palletes of color and texture. Details, details, details. I especially can't get enough of her birdcage veils.

Favorite piece(s) of the moment :: I couldn't choose just one! So I broke my own rule... When I make the rules, I am allowed to fudge a little.

{ cake topper; cake by Marion of Myriad Cake Design; photo by Fred Molesworth of Encore Photography }

{ hair adornment; photo by Leigh Miller Photography }

{ Rise and Shine Necklace from Etsy shop $70}

Where to go (clickable) :: twigs & honey gallery website, shopping website, blog, and Etsy shop


I told my husband that as soon as he hits the bigtime in Hollywood, I am wearing a hairpiece from twigs & honey to the red carpet event, dangit!

1 comment:

  1. glad you finally broke the drought and posted something. i was missing it :).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails