5.11.2009

outfit inspiration

A couple of weeks ago, I went up to Nike headquarters in Beaverton with a group of classmates to shadow some of Nike's buyers and merchandisers.

Loved it, for the record. Everyone we met was more than willing to spill whatever knowledge they had on how they got where they are, and what exactly it is that they do everyday. Some of them even seemed a little unprepared regarding our arrival, yet still dropped everything they were doing to see how they could help us. The company culture was very laid back, and yet incredibly fast paced in their technology and philosophy of employing and rewarding only the best of the best.

I could go on, but my point for this post was that one of the merchandisers I worked with had spot-on style. Loved it. Completely laid back, simple, appropriate for her work environment, didn't scream "I'm a Nike basketball billboard!" and still uber cool.

A simple cotton black 3/4 sleeve top, grey skinny jeans, almost high top black Nike kicks, and one bold accessory... my fave part of the ensemble. A wide brushed silver ring stacked against a skinny diamond eternity band. Sidenote: She had it on her right hand, but this would make a rad wedding band set, fyi.

Something like this:

Diamond ring: mastergoldcraft on Etsy.com Top: Gap.com Jeans: likeWise fashion blog Shoes: Nike.com Brushed Ring: adornmodern on Etsy.com

Like I said, the rings were the highlight for me. Made me want a set for my right hand, it did.

And many more ring posts to come, I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails